Researching forex trading? Below are some interesting forex statistics, charts, trends, and facts we found on this $5.3 trillion daily market.
General Forex Statistics
- The global forex trading market is worth $1,934,500,000,000 (that’s $1.93 quadrillion).
- The global forex market is 2.5X larger than the global GDP.
- Daily forex trading volume has increased by more than 40% over the last decade.
- More than $5.3 trillion dollars per are traded every day in the forex market.
- Global forex market daily turnover hit $6.6 trillion dollars in 2020.
- More than 85% of the global forex market transactions happen on only 7 currency pairs known as the majors (EURUSD, USDJPY, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF).
- Retail forex trading volume represents just 5.5% of the whole foreign exchange market.
- Forex trading daily volume is about 53 times more than the New York stock exchange.
- Deutsche Bank is the world’s largest foreign exchange dealer with over 21% in market share.
- There are over 170 different currencies around the world today that make up the Forex market.
- Forex is the only market that runs 24 hours per day.
- The Forex market is the most liquid market in the world.
- The Forex market is 12X larger than the futures market and 27X larger than the equities (stock) market.
- The US Dollar is the most traded currency and is part of almost 90% of global trades.
- The EUR/USD (also referred to as the euro) is the most heavily traded currency pair by volume.
Forex Trader Stats
- $10,000 is accepted as a good starting account size for the best chance of success.
- Forex accounts can be started with as little as $100.
- More than 43% of forex trades are millennials.
- Only 15% of traders are over 45 years old.
- 95% of all traders fail and 80% will quit in the first two years of trading.